Diving in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k374

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going to be in Japan mid Nov and i'm wondering how the water temp is around that time? What are some good areas to do some shallow dives (<= 60ft) around Tokyo bay and how are the reefs? I can only do it if it's a day trip from Tokyo, departing in the morning and back by eve. Any suggestions?

We'll be diving Izu that month for sure, we'll likely have a couple trips on, but nothing on the schedule at the moment.

The temps are a good question this year. It has been a strange year for ocean temps. It god warm really late and I' wondering if it will cool down early. The air was relatively cool this summer as well. I only used the aircon a handful of times, which is just unheard of here.

I'd guess the water will be around 20C then, less at depth. Late November, early December is when I change over to drysuit. It's often driven by the weather. The first cold, rainy dive weekend I'll change over to dry and not turn back.

We have a Facebook page where we post most of our events nowadays...

If the ocean got warm later, I reckon it will stay warm later too.... just my (hopeful) guess! Going anywhere on Oct 1st Jim? -- I might have a rare spare weekend then...

Most sites on the East coast of Izu are easily done by a day trip, leaving Tokyo early morning. Most tours finish up and have drop off at the station about 5 pm, so you can be back in time for dinner.

There is more detailed information on our website for the various dive sites.

For your number of logged dives, I would recommend somewhere like Futo with its easy beach entry. Otherwise, Ajiro is a great boat dive site, you can go deep or stay shallower.

According to the news, this year in Japan will have a very mild winter, with less snow...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom