Diving in NorthWest or West Puerto Rico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KP3S

Contributor
Reaction score
Isabela, Puerto Rico, 3 miles from the Atlantic Co
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, my name is Carlos I speak Enlish, German and Spanish. If you are planning a trip to West Puerto Rico PM me, I would like to met you and dive with you. I am a disable veteran and have lots of free time for diving. Also I have a 2 spare rooms with queen size beds/home cook breakfast available for a very small (divers only) fee. I am located 10 miles East of Aguadilla along the Northern coast in the town of Isabela. Not far from several dive shops, dive sites, Malls and the International airport (BQN) Rafael Hernandez, I can arrange for equipment rental, trips, certification referrals with SSI and PADI instructors in the area.

I can pick you upon arrival and drop off at the airport for your departure flight. There are major rental agencies for vehicles at the airport or I can carry up to 4 divers in my Pathfinder. 45 minutes away is Tainos Divers if you want to dive Candyland in Desecheo Island or 1 hour away from La Parguera and dive the Wall, a 1,500 ft. drop and wrecks. Plenty of shore dive sites like Crashboat, El Natural, Gas Chambers, Peña Blanca (White Rock), Shacks, Isabela Caves.

I provide Cable TV in the living room, wireless high speed intenet with a laptop, BBQ carbon grill and free long distance phone service to Mainland USA, others will have to use a calling card. Plenty of parking for your rental vehicle.

A guide to Puerto Rico dive sites and scuba diving centers
Code:
http://www.caribdiveguide.com/Puerto_Rico.htm

La Parguera
Off the coast of La Parguera, on Puerto Rico's southwest coast, lies the island's most famous dive destination. The Wall is 22 miles long, with drop-offs of more than 1,500 feet and visibility from 60 to 150 feet. Divers especially love Fallen Rock, an underwater promontory which separated thousands of years ago and carved a deep trench in the ocean floor. Today, this passageway is home to a plethora of marine life can be observed, including octopi, sharks, moray eels, and forests of black coral orchids.

Mona Island
Known as Puerto Rico's own Galapagos, Mona is an uninhabited island about 50 miles off the coast of Mayagüez. Home to a veritable kingdom of iguana, seabirds and turtles, the island has even more to offer below the surface. Over 270 species of fish can be found here. In addition, dolphins, sharks, and - for a special treat during the winter months - humpback whales with their young can be spotted.

Want more? Mona has a diverse underwater geography, from caves, reefs, and walls. All in all, it's one of the more exciting dive experiences in Puerto Rico.

Desecheo Island (Candyland)
Rincón attracts every type of water-lover, from surfer to snorkeler to scuba diver. For the latter, Desecheo Island, about an hour off its west coast, is the place to be. Inaccessible to humans, the island offers dazzling coral reefs and plenty of marine life. Yellow Reef is prized for its bright tube coral, and Desecheo's underwater caves are great destinations for expert divers.

YouTube - Exploring Puerto Rico - Parguera

YouTube - Scuba Diving in Mona, Puerto Rico

YouTube - Crash Boat - Aguadilla Puerto Rico

YouTube - delfin en aguadilla playa el natural para vida marina

YouTube - Scuba Diving - NASA - Mayaguez Puerto Rico

Your next dive trip to the Caribbean give me a try, you will be happy and your pocket will too. :coffee:

Attachments

• black_wall_la_parguera.gif
    black_wall_la_parguera.gif
    114.5 KB · Views: 88
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom