Diving in New Zealand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Diva~

We are planning to move to NZ..preferably the north island....how far from Auckland will we find good dive sites?

lynny_lynny:
Hey Diva~

We are planning to move to NZ..preferably the north island....how far from Auckland will we find good dive sites?

2 hours north or south will get you to dozens of great sites.
3 hours will get you to scores more.

There are not really any good sites near Auckland. you need to get out of the gulf or at least north of Kawau Island (google earth it) to find the good sites.

There are plenty of good sites north and south of Auckland. Travelling 2-3 hours to go for adive is no biggie...we normally get up at sparrows fart and hit the water by 9am...eh packhorse?

The Poor Knights Islands is about 2 and 3/4 hours drive from Auckland and offers some of the best NZ diving. Contact us if you are up this way. We moved to NZ in September 2005 from the UK

Jill
Poor Knights Divers
www.pkdive.co.nz

I do indeed know a good forum Packhorse!
It's called ScubaDive NZ and I run it!!! There is heaps of information and a community of divers from NZ - like Packhorse - and those from further afield.
Come and join us if you like!
www.scubadive.net.nz/bb

I hope to see you there Lynny Lynny!

DiveDiva

If any of you guys need any impartial information about diving in New Zealand (and Australia), just let me know and I'll do my best to help! :D

DD

Hi Dive Diva,
do you know any clubs in Auckland / North Shore i can join for dive trips.
Any sugegstions pretty much appreciated.

Cheers Kiwi-Diver

Southern Ocean Diving Society or S.O.D.S for short.

sods :: Index

We run regular trips and training days as well as a Curry Night every month and frequent social events...we would love to see you along.

Cheers
Azza

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom