Diving in/near Bonita Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcbrandt

Registered
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to spend a week in March 2004 in Bonita Springs. Can anyone recommend any dive sites / dive operators in Bonita Springs? If there's not really any diving in B.S., my dive buddy and & I will have a rental car and would travel up to 50 miles from Bonita in order to dive. Any recommendations w/in 50 miles? We are from Virginia and have never dove the SW Fla coast before. Thanks in advance!

Walter is by far the best person to answer this question, but I belive there are only two or three dive operators in the area (references to some can be found on www.diveclub.org). Shore diving in the Bonita Springs area or anywhere in Lee County for that matter, has yeilded some intersting results for my wife and I. Its cool if your into the marine ecology aspect of a shallow sandy coastal area that adjoins mangrove idlands and tidal plains - not good if your into looking at lots of fishes and pretty rocks.

Venice is about 60 or so miles north of our area and has the added attraction of finding fossil sharks teeth, bones, sting ray platelettes, sting ray stingers, and a variety of other fossils.

Another good option is to zip across Alligator Alley to Ft Lauderdale or Hollywood beach. There is good shore diving there with the reefs only a 100 yards or so off the beach.

will be in the area during January and need to get certified. will there be a a place for me to do that and what's the cost? thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom