Diving in NE Hungary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

North-east Hungary? There are only a few lakes which are pretty cold now... Write me what are you interested in and I try to help.

I know the lakes are pretty cold there. I'm not looking for something special, just see some fish.
And I don't like to climb, the water must be easy accessible and close to the place to park the car.

OK. There is a lake called Ecsedi-to somewhere between Eger and Budapest, maybe you can check this website. Drop a message to my email address and I try to help to you if I know more details about your schedule. Expect about 15 degrees near the surface and 10 degrees in the depth.

Looks good. Thanks for your help. For the short time I have this weekend it's to far west, but it's sure interesting for another occassion. I found myself a lake near Miskolc which is better to reach for me. It is at GPS : 47°58'53.40"N, 20°52'59.80"E. Do you know it?

Yes I know, sometimes they dive it, but the visibility is usually worse than in the other lake. I have friends in Miskolc I can ask them about diving possibilities and maybe somebody can help you. If you choose Ecsed, probably I can join you. Somebody needs to help you because there aren't real dive centers at these lakes, you can't go there and simply rent tank, etc. So write me the exact date when you want to dive.

Get well! Anytime you plan a visit just drop a msg. There are another dive sites here which I know much better than the northeastern ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom