diving in Moalboal and advice on diving center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
W

world_traveler

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello
We planned a few days to dive (shallow dives, till 15m) and snorkel in Moalboal but now I wonder if it's a good choice after the typhoon.
Has anybody been there recently?
Which other area is god for shallow diving and snorkeling?

Which are the best diving centers in Moalboal?
Any experience with Blue Orchid, Savedra, Kasai village diving centers?

Unless you have your own transport otherwise you have to tell the trike driver of your destination. All depend where you want to go because there are other routes.
I survived just fine for a week there with my feet and a helpful dive shop(cebu fun divers) only!

I have heard hundreds talk about diving Moalboal. I have heard none talk of diving P whatever beach it is.

I survived just fine for a week there with my feet and a helpful dive shop(cebu fun divers) only!

I have heard hundreds talk about diving Moalboal. I have heard none talk of diving P whatever beach it is.
Only one time there and know everything!
What you do not know you do not know.
There are many routes to various resorts dotted along the coast.

Only one time there and know everything!
What you do not know you do not know.
There are many routes to various resorts dotted along the coast.
You speak things you do not know, I live a few hours,away and have been there a num.ber of times.
Better to be thought a fool, than open ones mouth and remove all doubt!

LOL.
You have been there a number of times and still do not know the area!!! That say a lot about yourself.
I knew the name of the beach on my first visit.
There are more than just one T junction in that area. Take a look next time or go to other places and see which route the trike takes you there.

LOL.
You have been there a number of times and still do not know the area!!! That say a lot about yourself.
I knew the name of the beach on my first visit.
There are more than just one T junction in that area. Take a look next time or go to other places and see which route the trike takes you there.
Done with you, your just debating semantics, I already explained why I call it what I do. Have a good night.

Back to the original question: Quick recommendation for Magic Island in Moalboal. Small dive resort with 10 nice cabins. Great staff. It's an all-inclusive with 3 daily boat dives (night dives available) and shore diving available. I had the pleasure of having dinner with the owner in Chicago two weeks ago when she was in Chicago for a travel show. She said things were hopping and doing well from an occupancy standpoint. No discussion of typhoon damage. Our LDS is planning to return in March 2024 with half time at Magic Island and the rest at their other resort in Anda on Bohol, Magic Ocean.
Rob

Back to the original question: Quick recommendation for Magic Island in Moalboal. Small dive resort with 10 nice cabins. Great staff. It's an all-inclusive with 3 daily boat dives (night dives available) and shore diving available. I had the pleasure of having dinner with the owner in Chicago two weeks ago when she was in Chicago for a travel show. She said things were hopping and doing well from an occupancy standpoint. No discussion of typhoon damage. Our LDS is planning to return in March 2024 with half time at Magic Island and the rest at their other resort in Anda on Bohol, Magic Ocean.
Rob
If you've been to moalboal b4, be prepared for...less. they got hit hard by covid, then Odette. Still a worthwhile place for me though. Just a heads up, if she didn't tell you....tsk tsk on her.

If you've been to moalboal b4, be prepared for...less. they got hit hard by covid, then Odette. Still a worthwhile place for me though. Just a heads up, if she didn't tell you....tsk tsk on her.
Thanks for the heads up. Wasn’t that she didn’t tell me, it just didn’t come up. We are splitting the two weeks: 9 days on Bohol and only 5 at Moalboal. I actually am not a huge fan of the diving at Moalboal but love the resort and will find enough variety during 4 days of diving.
It’s over a year away, so who knows what things may be like. Finally got to Palau after almost 3 years of waiting. I’m learning to live with the reality of long range planning.

Thanks for the heads up. Wasn’t that she didn’t tell me, it just didn’t come up. We are splitting the two weeks: 9 days on Bohol and only 5 at Moalboal. I actually am not a huge fan of the diving at Moalboal but love the resort and will find enough variety during 4 days of diving.
It’s over a year away, so who knows what things may be like. Finally got to Palau after almost 3 years of waiting. I’m learning to live with the reality of long range planning.
I was back to Malapascua in 2014 after Yolanda(Nov 2013) which nearly decimated the whole island. a lot of damages were still visible but....life go on. You really have to admire the resilient of Pinoys after another devastating natural disaster.
Recovery was unbelievable quick(infra structure).
Ditto to Dauin and Southern Leyte.

Nothing to worry about.

Nice, Palau is on my bucket list, only 2 easy flights away. Not sure when it will fit I'm my budget however. We are headed for Visa run to Bali, maybe komodo in may.. excited for that......

Back
Top Bottom