Diving in Lake Havasu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MondoMarcus

Registered
Reaction score
I've seen some really cool diving videos of Lake Havasu and would be really interested in doing it this Summer. I know some people say it's a real lousy spot, but it doesn't take much to make me happy. Any info on shops out there where I can rent a tank or any interesting spots to check out. Thanks in advance.

I have never dove there but did further down river in the Yuma area backwaters. Senators Wash, Squaw Lake, Mittry Lake...
I'm sure you could find some cool things in Copper Canyon but it would have to be during the week or you might get hit on the head with an anchor. The channel that the london bridge crosses is too shallow and much too busy.
Williams Canyon just north of the Parker dam is like Copper Canyon but less busy and family friendly.

Joel is a good guy I have known him for a few years now. Call the shop and Scott is usually there answering the phones. I have not dove LH, but I hear they have a few things to check out under water. B

I am assuming you know that this area is accessible only by boat. Do you have a boat available?
When did you plan on making the trip?
If you need someone to dive it with you I would be willing to join you depending on when.

Uh oh, no I didn't know that it was only accessible by boat. That kind of puts a damper on that plan. Are there any good beach dives in the area? I'd love to have someone to dive with. I'm thinking I'll be down there around the end of July or so. We'll have to keep in touch.

There are some shore dives there also. IDK which ones on this list are but they will at ST&T obviously. My guess would be the two with Beach/Landing in the name are options...

Local Diving | Lake Havasu Divers lists one. More about Site 5 with pictures: Arizona « Rob Neto

They've got lines in the water at Site 5 between the various man-made structures for training purposes since the viz is usually pretty bad - the Colorado carries a lot of silt downstream from the dams.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom