Diving in Kefalonia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caravan

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to Kefalonia, Greece in June 2004. We're staying in the resort of Skala. I believe there is a dive centre in the resort called 'Bubbles Dive Centre'. Has anyone dived with this operator? Would you reccommend them? What is the diving like in Kefalonia? Can anyone suggest any particular dive sites worth looking at?

Cheers, Andy

I'm going in August 2005 and have read elsewhere on the web that Diver magazine gave Bubbles a bad write up. Does anyone else have experience of them? Thanks. Kath
caravan:
Hi all,

I'm going to Kefalonia, Greece in June 2004. We're staying in the resort of Skala. I believe there is a dive centre in the resort called 'Bubbles Dive Centre'. Has anyone dived with this operator? Would you reccommend them? What is the diving like in Kefalonia? Can anyone suggest any particular dive sites worth looking at?

Cheers, Andy

I dived with Bubbles last year and wouldn't recommend diving with them at all.

Kostas the owner was an arrogant t*$%er and was only interested in getting you to part with your money. The dive was 50 euro's which I thought was expensive. Kostas was not interested in safety. No O2 or first aid equipment was visible, he wasn't interested in my diving history and when I asked if he wanted to take an emergency contact number he laughed at me and said what for. You may say I was being a bit OTT about things but I'm an experienced PADI rescue diver and am fully aware that by it's nature, diving is a hazardous sport and with the best will in the world things can and do go wrong.

The equipment I hired out gave a lot to be desired. It was June and the sea temprature was chilly I was given a 3mm shortie wetsuit that had long since seen better days, needless to say I froze my nuts off.

The dive site was just up the coast from Skala. It was a case of get em in, swim a figure of 8 for a while and get em out. The dive time was about 20-30 minutes with a maximum depth of about 12metres. There was nothing to see other than a lot of sea grass and again their approach to safety was very much in question. I came away feeling totally riped off.

There's a dive centre at Agiha Effima though I don't know much about this outfit. There's also a PADI dive centre at Fiskardo at the northern tip of Kefalonia. It's a long drive from Skala but very picturesque and Fiskardo itself is a very beautiful village and well worth the visit. This dive centre seemed to be english run. I think the cost of a dive was 40-50 euros for 1 dive and 65 euros for 2 dives. I'm told one of the dive sites is to an old world world two bomber plane.

Hope this helps and have a good holiday.

kathgifford:
I'm going in August 2005 and have read elsewhere on the web that Diver magazine gave Bubbles a bad write up. Does anyone else have experience of them? Thanks. Kath

This is an old thread, but when searching for scuba diving in Kefalonia, it is one of the top google hits, so I thought I'd update it.

I went diving in Kefalonia this August. We were lucky enough to hit upon Aquatic (www.aquatic.gr). The prices were the same as what was quoted at most other dive centers on the island (euro 50 for one dive, 40 for the second and 30 for dives after that with full equipment rental). The guide (Vassilis) was a solid guy: good dive guiding, pretty safe. The diving around Agia Efimia was also pretty good: the Roman wreck outside the bay is quite a site, and their local reef has a good amount of sealife. I'd definitely return.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom