Diving In Kalymnos Island - Greece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIDOCHELO

New
Reaction score

I haven't been in Kalymnos yet , but I heard there is a dive centre i Vlichada operated by Mr Valsamidis ( phone No 0030243050662 ) , but I know nothing about it ( I hope it is good , as I wish to visit next year ) . If you go to Kalymnos you will see many locals with mutilated limbs . The most common reason is "fishing" with dynamite , which I call mass murder . They do this even now and very frequently even insude the main harbour . This means that most of the places around Kalymnos are completely dead , as dynamite kills all flora and fauna and not just the fish . I hear that there are still some places where there is life , there are also many wrecks , but our state forbids us to approach legally near those wrecks . Maybe ( we all pray for this !!!!) things will change soon .

[Exciting news. Kalymnos is organising a week- long diving festival from 5th to 12th September.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The festival will provide the opportunity for scuba diving in newly opened, unexplored waters off the Kalymnos coast, for helmet diving and for excursions - and possibly diving - with working sponge divers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Onshore, there will be a programme of film, books, talks, dance, food, drink, diving memorabilia and more.
Best of all: participation is free!!!

http://www.all-about.gr/Diving/default_en.asp?menu_id=306

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom