Diving in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruzbound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

We are thinking about going to Hawaii in July 2018 and wanted to find out what the diving is like during this time. We went in November one year but we do not have experience with the July time frame. We are thinking a cruise and then another week on land (probably Maui or Kauai). Are Mantas, turtle, dolphins, etc. in the area year round? Obviously, I know whales are only there in the winter. What is the water temp like?

Thanks for the help.

cruzbound

Aloha my friend,

Gotta be exciting planning for this trip. Summer month have smaller south swells that don't approach what we experience in the winter from north swells. Diving will "likely" be possible north and south of both Maui and Kauai. Spinner dolphin encounters are very common on both islands. They rest/sleep in shallow waters in the early morning hours and encounters are regular. Neither island has quite the manta volume of Big Isle but they are certainly seen on both. Molokini is a good spot off Maui and I believe there are some cleaning stations off shore of Maui as well. I'll defer to Maui experts on this. The Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles are abundant over hear and you can essentially count on numerous dives with multiple encounters. It is truly world class turtle diving here. You can expect the water temps to be around 8 degrees warmer and be approaching 80 in the summer months. Look at Molokini and Lanai diving when you are considering Maui. When focusing on Kauai information you should look at the diving at Niihau and Lehua Rock as well.

Feel free to send any questions you may have as you narrow down specifics. Either way you are going to have an amazing week. Maui and Kauai are both very beautiful islands.

Cheers and have a great week
A

Back
Top Bottom