Diving in Japan...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, when are you planning to go diving in Japan?

As the others have said, where in Japan as its a big place and when will you be traveling. We are located in Okinawa and dive all the surrounding islands - Keramas (daily), Chibishi, Onna Area and more and also dive Yonaguni and the other southern islands. Everyone on the staff speaks English and Japanese.

Hi Charles,

The Tokyo area is not a "holiday diver" destination, and as such there are no english speaking "dive centers". There are three main dive clubs which head out (mainly) on weekends for those who are doing some local diving.

If you're coming in on the 23rd for 4 nights, I think you'll struggle as most of the english speaking divers around this area are working their day jobs to support their diving habit!

You can try Tokyo Discovery Divers or MarScuba though as I think they occasionally dive on weekdays. You might get lucky.

Thanks sushimassa for the reference.

We only have dive tours on the weekends and national holidays due to the demand of local divers.

A flight to Okinawa is only 2.5 hours and we dive everyday, 365 days of the year. :D

I have a son that will soon be stationed in Okinawa. I plan on visiting him in about 18 months or so. While there I would like to dive. Can anyone recommed where and with who? Maybe an experience diver that would be willing to buddy up with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom