Diving In Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice to see some positive press on diving Japan. But I can't beleive you local guys let some Brits dive the wreck first- whats up with that!:11: That sounds like an awesome dive. How far out is this wreck and does the CG realy have any say in who dives it. Had a long talk with the guys down here about sites and who has control and the head of the JCG for Okinawa was pretty clear in the fact that once outside of the ports we had free reign for diving- even in areas that the fishing associations "own". As it was explained to me the fishing associations own fishing rights only- if you are not fishing then they have no say in what you do.
Visiting the CG and asking permission sounds like a CYA if their is an accident with your foreign guests but not something that is required legally.

there is 2 previous links regarding the wreck:

ScubaBoard - Search Results

we didnt need the permission from the cg or fisheries but we cooperated in information sharing as it was the 1st time such an expedition was done. both the cg and fisheries provided us with very usefull information.

the only permissions we needed was from the owners of the wreck and the ok from the dive operator the nanki seamans club. additional we had japanese divers on the team and without them the successful reults wouldnt have been possible.

more details about the expedition is on my website: Aquatec under stella polaris.

Thanks for the update - its rare to hear of a wreck exploration in Japan and its been great following the exploration! cheers!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom