Diving in Honolulu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveglobal

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anybody tell me what the best dive center is when I go to Honolulu/Waikiki and the North Shore? I'd like to spend a couple of days diving and wondering with whom to dive and what not to miss...

Thanks!

Go to www.takemediving.com We went with them. They are really cool and take out small groups. Go to the sea tiger, and the WWII plane...

I'd point you to AquaZone in the Waikiki area. The DM's and Captain make the trip interesting and fun. We've been diving with them twice and will go back to them upon our return to HI. Website is www.aquazone.net

Wife and I just returned from Oahu... we only did one set of dives (2 tanks) and opted to not waste the money for the remainder of our time there. Vis wasn't bad initially but rapidly got worse within 2 hours. A mild current on both dives, lots of particulate in the water!

Some marine life, nothing of note for macro shots (missed on cool nudibranch/polycheate)... but I just uploaded a couple of images to a gallery:

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/839 (maybe that link will work, if not, look up wadeNC in the galleries).

Wade

diveglobal:
Hi,
Can anybody tell me what the best dive center is when I go to Honolulu/Waikiki and the North Shore? I'd like to spend a couple of days diving and wondering with whom to dive and what not to miss...

Thanks!
Ocean Concepts, without a doubt. They are a little more expensive than the rest, but well worth it. 800-808-DIVE

Oh, by the way, when were you planning on coming? Right now the conditions for the North Shore are not the greatest for diving.

How is the diving February to March? What island offers the best diving?

Whale season in Feb/March - diving is pretty good. North shore is a bit too rough and west is rougher than east/south but still doable.

Back
Top Bottom