Diving in Greece and Israel advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roy188777

New
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am going to complete my 4 open water dives on my trip to israel and greece. i was planning on doing my open water dives 1 +2 in Eilat and the remaining two in Ios or Mykonos. Which island has the best dives sites ios or Mykonos? or should i do dives 3 + 4 in Eilat too?
Thanks for the advice

Hello all,

I am going to complete my 4 open water dives on my trip to israel and greece. i was planning on doing my open water dives 1 +2 in Eilat and the remaining two in Ios or Mykonos. Which island has the best dives sites ios or Mykonos? or should i do dives 3 + 4 in Eilat too?
Thanks for the advice

Finish them together if you can and get certified. Why go the second destination as a student? Eilat is a great place for your four open water dives. Clear and warm water with corals and fish. I would definitely receommend that you them together in Eilat. Greek islands are great vacation spots but definitely not renowned for quality SCUBA. I dove in Mykonos a few years ago - entirely unimpressive.

Thank you so much for the advice! I am very excited!

I would call and schedule the dives before you get to Eilat. Much better if they know when you will be there. I've used Shulamit's and U-Dive. Both are competent and quite friendly. IMPORTANT TIP: Make sure that you have DAN insurance BEFORE you go. Israeli dive operators insist on it.

I am going to use Shulamit's. I contacted her today to let her know. Ok, I will go online and purchase some insurance. Hopefully it isn't too hard!
Thanks!

Just join DAN at the bssic member level. That's it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom