diving in Ghana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ligpo2001:
Does anybody know if there is any dive operator in Ghana?

Used to live in Ghana years ago before I was a diver. Still visit regularly. Did not know of any divers then or now. However I did a google search for Ghana diving and found some posts, no operator websites. If you do go, try to take your own equipment and anticipate a very basic operation. If there IS a diving operation, I can guarantee that it will not be regulated for safety etc.

Good luck.

KEDAS LODGE and WATERSPORT-CENTER is a small and friendly, secluded, very clean lodge with 6 bungalows (double room bungalows or up to 9 people with kitchen) and a restaurant, right on the Atlantic on the west coast of Ghana. The lodge is decorated in African style, but European standards. All the bungalows have sea view, are 6-channel DSTV, aircon, wireless internet and refrigerators. lodge and dive center are property in New Zealand / Ghanaian and are led by a German couple-scuba diving instructors. We opened the first certified PADI and VIST dive center in Ghana. We rent all the equipment for diving, snorkeling (brand new), rent kayaks, offering guided tours, have a zodiac with 85 ps and a hardboat 2x200ps strong that even is used for whale-watching (seasonal Aug.-Nov.). certifications and our experience for a lot of years enable us to offer diving courses for kids up to a scuba diving instructor (in German or English). our place is on the white beach is ideally to spend a quiet holiday, to enjoy african culture or to be athletic active. Our kitchen has international standard, the selection of wines is exceptionally large. Our lodge is nationally known for freshly caught fish and lobster in the best quality.
The diving here in the Gulf of Guinea can not be compared with other well-known dive spots. There are few coral reefs, but it is much to discover what is really unknown. We have seen huge snapper, barracuda, rays, tunas and sharks (blue sharks, hammer heads, bull sharks, thresher sharks). the sea creatures have little experience with divers, the animals are curious and often you find yourself surrounded by large schools of fish.
The temperatures of the sea are in the rainy season is around 25 degrees, between September and April 29 to 30 degrees. best dive time: between September and April. for more informations about the scuba diving in ghana: Home - Kedaslodge and Water Sports or facebook: kedas lodge and watersport-center. there you find also a lot of underwater photos.

Check Out Ghana Divers, www.ghanadivers.com
Used to live in Ghana years ago before I was a diver. Still visit regularly. Did not know of any divers then or now. However I did a google search for Ghana diving and found some posts, no operator websites. If you do go, try to take your own equipment and anticipate a very basic operation. If there IS a diving operation, I can guarantee that it will not be regulated for safety etc.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom