Diving in Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rtapia

Reaction score
Hey..I get to travel to Atlanta every couple of months for work..Can you all recommend any good diving opportunities in GA? I also have to go to Des MOines, IA sometimes-waht about there?
ROn:jester:

Hi Ron,

In the state of GA, which I live, there is not a whole lot to dive. Lake Hartwell has the cleanest water of the GA lakes to dive and most of the diving is done by the Dam(Big Oaks)GA side, Long Point Park GA side and Overlook Park SC side. All these are near the dam in the big water area. The vis is around 10-15 feet. What I prefer to do is drive over to SC and dive Lakes Keowee and Jocassee. They are located near Clemson, SC where Clemson University is. You can take a look at the website www.offthewalldiving.com to see what is available at those lakes for divers. The charter caters to the needs of the diver's air and boat access to many of the dive sites. At Jocassee there is the Walk-in Ramp with a cove that is marked for divers only, no boats allowed. There you will find platforms for training, a few diver additions and the natural trees and rock formations in the 15 acre cove. The depth can get to 150 or better.

An alternative is to drive from Atlanta to Pelham, AL to Blue Water Quarry and dive there. It is set up with lots of diver toys and friendly fish. They have a great staff and facilities.

Let me know if you need more help.

Sam,

What about the coast? Do you know of any good diving there? I have heard of some things in SC and NC, but very little about GA's.

(It might not be suitable for Ron's time/travel plans, but I was gonna post this topic anyway)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom