Diving In Fascinating Anilao With My New Canon G9!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you are blowing us away again, Ed....send the last pic to F3

Thanks buddy, but me not getting involved. :p

Ed.

Fantastic! When are you publishing a book?

How do you like the G9 versus the S80?

Thanks DesertEagle!
Me can't write & no sponsor yet! Hehe...
I use my G9 for macro & S80 for WA. I like both! :wink:

Ed.

Up Close & Personal... :wink:

img0264jj9.jpg

img0172vo8.jpg

img0249mw0.jpg

Ed.

The Interesting Stuff...

img0232ls5.jpg

img0182sp6.jpg

img0242eg4.jpg

Ed.

Ed Sifu, another excellent collection...

BTW, without the inon close-up focus lenses, how far can you zoom out the G9 lens in macro mode before the AF becomes unmanageable?

Fantastic shots ED !!! Nice to see images taken with this camera in the hands of someone who knows what he is doing. Next time anyone asks me about buying a camera I'm gonna refer them to this thread.

I'm also interested in seeing a pic or two of the mods to the housing.

Once again well done !

Absolutely stunning pic's Ed!!! Thanks mate, you just removed any shadow of a doubt I had about getting a G9! Did you take these pic's with the builtin macro function, or use an external macro lens?

Ed Sifu, another excellent collection...

BTW, without the inon close-up focus lenses, how far can you zoom out the G9 lens in macro mode before the AF becomes unmanageable?

Thanks Pak Sifu, for the kind words!

You can actually zoom in all the way and the focusing is still manageable, but the distance between the subject and the lens will be too far, as you would need to move back for the AF to work effectively (then the subject will be small again). It is best that you use around 30-40% only of the zoom for the AF to work at the best distance and size.
Disclaimer: This is based on my personal experience and do not necessary reflect on the capabilities of the camera. I normally use lenses! :D

Ed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom