Diving in Destin first week in july

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsv62707

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
going on family vacation in destin July 1-5. thought id take a day of boat diving in. Im from midwest and have always dove in lakes and quarries, so this will by first ocean dive. figured id take a 2 mil shorty since im use to cold water diving. anyone have any suggestions or looking for dive buddy that week in destin?

You should be fine in a 2mm shorty if you are used to cold water.

If you are looking for a boat dive, call ScubaTech 850-837-2822. They are great! If you have no buddy they will pair you up. Let them know over the phone when you reserve your spot and again when you get on the boat. I've been paired and three'd on a couple dives with them so I know they will help you.

Don't discount the jetties for some good diving.
If you are interested in the Destin jetties here is a link:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=724595&postcount=9

I may be able to dive the jetties on the 2nd, I'll have to get a little closer to know my schedule for sure. High tide on the 2nd is at 7:29 AM so it will be an early dive and all gear will need to be rented and tanks filled the day before. Let me know if you're interested.

I'm going to attempt to get on a boat out of Orange Beach that weekend, but whatever day that weekend I'm not on a boat, I'd be willing to dive the jetties in Destin :)

the days i would be able to dive either boat or jetties would be the 3rd , 4th or 5th. if i can pair up with somone who know the jeddie dives one of those days i would do it.

I may be available for a jettie dive on the 3rd, I'll post here closer to the date when I know my schedule a bit clearer.

ill stop into scuba tech on the 2nd and try to book a boat dive with scuba tech the fourth. If your willing to dive with a noobie gulf diver in the jetties on the 3rd early morning let me know.

I have absolutely no problem with buddying up with people who are new to a site or to diving for that matter. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to stay local this weekend. I spent Sat and Sun in the panhandle last weekend and I wanna stay close for the 4th.

Maybe next time :)

My husband and I are going to be in Pensacola on July 1st are are thinking about diving. We can't decide between a shore dive and a boat dive. We wanted to dive Fort Pickens, but since that's out we didn't know what do do until you started this thread.
Thanks to SeaYoda and Superbugman's info on the Destin jetties we may pay them a visit.
I was just talking with my uncle, as a matter of fact, and he used to dive off of the jetties when he was young (a long long time ago!).

I'm hearing another 6 months before the road to Ft. Pickens is re-re-made, stupid storms...

im realy looking forward to checking out scuba max and getting a boat dive in. great info from SBM and yoda on the area. thanks.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom