Diving in Derawan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver69,

I see....
According to their homepage, I found the diving package for Derawan Resort is not very cheaper.

Are you book it directly or thought a dive agent?

Hi 8c9,

I am planning to book through the agent listed on their website, Narwastu Dive Center.

I got the prices from the website, and here's what I figured, staying for 6 days 5 nights:

Derawan==============Nabucco
$924=================$83X5 = $415
=====================20 dives = $765

Max boat charge
from Berau to Derawan====Berau to nabucco
$300==================550

I guess the actual charge depends on the number of people - I may be travelling alone, so have to plan for the worst.

The price difference is not huge, but I do like the unlimited shore dives Derawan offers. I will likely contact both resorts and see what they offer.

I think they are under the same management now? Same website homepage.

Anyone has anything further to contribute?

Diver69

Diver69

Thank for your price quote.

May I ask:
Derawan ($924) is for accommodation only?
Nabucco ($83X5 = $415) is for additional charge for diving in this place
20 dives ($765) is for diving costs only?

If yes, that mean the total amout would be $2104 (excluded the boat charges)!!!!!

Losmen Danakan is in Derawan, located maybe 100m from Derawan Dive Resort property.

In Berau there is a big water front / river wall area, you will see the water taxis waiting for their customers.

These boats are really meant for river use. Hence they do not have a deep V hull. In the open sea it can get very bumpy. They are experienced and I think they would not want to capsize their own boat. So it is safe.

Probably if you say "Derawan" and "Losmen Danakan" or "Derawan Dive Resort" they would know exactly where to bring you.

I speak Bahasa, so I can get around easily; but not sure if it is easy for you.

8c9:
Diver69

Thank for your price quote.

May I ask:
Derawan ($924) is for accommodation only?
Nabucco ($83X5 = $415) is for additional charge for diving in this place
20 dives ($765) is for diving costs only?

If yes, that mean the total amout would be $2104 (excluded the boat charges)!!!!!

Derawan $924 is accom + diving.

I think you added the costs for Derawan and Nabucco together to get $2104.

It should be $924 for Derawan and $1180 for Nabucoo (Accom + 20 dives)

dividlkh

Losmen Danakan?!

It is a new name for me! Do you have futher info for my reference.

Tkx

Diver69

Yes, I added all figure you listed ($924+$415+$765) that get the total for $2104.

if u are blind about derawan and not go with a group, then its best to get a diving package such as from nabucco or derawan resort. It might be more expensive, but convinient.
I was paying for less, had more fun diving and cover more dive sites when i was there 2 years ago doing LOB. However, it is hard to find a good LOB in derawan, as they are really remote area.
Be sure that u go to see the jellyfish in kakaban lake! :)
just my 2 cents..

I went to Sangalaki last March 2006 and stayed at Sangalaki Dive Lodge. The accommodation was simple and food was not that good but edible. Their divemaster who assisted my group was highly knowledgeable of the dive sites and was very patient to our demands. I can rate my dive experience an 8, 10 being the highest. I came for the dive and I was not disappointed. I've seen lots of mantas at very close range,clouds of cudas, leopard sharks, eagle rays, turtles and jellies.

I had so much fun that I'm planning to go back next month. But this time, I will be staying at Derawan ( a birthday gift to myself). I have been to Derawan Dive Resort almost 10 yrs ago. I have pleasant and exciting memories of this place and even had a couple of dive trips with the owners. As of the moment, I am assuming that I'll be travelling by lonesome so I'm expecting high cost on the boat taxis. I'm currently communicating with Derawan's staff and he's been very helpful with all my queries..maybe it helps to know the owner. :)

Pinay,

Please also share your next trip to Derawan Dive Resort when you back. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom