Diving in Curacao in august

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gooner69

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am staying at the marriott in August and looking for a good dive company to use which will give me good variety of dives throughout my stay, with good staff. Any suggestions ( I am AOW vacation diver with approx 50 dives). Will have my own gear with me.

I got my OW at the Marriott... They have a great operation... called caribbean sea sports. I would use them as a home base but also checkout Ocean encounters west. OEW house reef alice in wonderland is awesome. Also the Dive Bus is a really great operation they are near the Sea Aquarium. They do shore dives all over the island. You will have a blast. Oh one thing not to miss is SOL Food near Ocean Encounters West. They are only open weekends awesome view, hospitality, and food. :)

I agree with those recommendations. From what I know the op at the Marriott is pretty good, so may as well use them for boat dives leaving from there and a few dives on the house reef, at least.

Dive Bus also has a good rep, if you want to shore dive around the island and don't want to do it on your own or don't have a buddy, they would be a good option for at least some dives.

The shore dive by Ocean Encounters West is really good. If you will have a car and want to go someplace else for a day, I suggest making reservations to go on their boat on a day they are diving Watamula, then do some shore dives on their house reef, it would make for a great day of diving. Again, don't know if you are going with a buddy, the amount of diver traffic there varies so you may or may not have trouble finding someone to buddy up with.

I'll second those suggestions...Ask for: Mark & Suzy & Crowley at the Dive Bus, Ellie at Carribean Sea Sports (marriott) Bryan at the Ocean Encounters....

We will look forward to seeing you come to Curacao in August Gooner69!!

All great suggestions and ideas that have been posted!

Also, check out the Ocean Encounters dive shop at the Hilton, which is right next door to the Marriott. As mentioned, please do not overlook the west!! Ocean Encounters West has some awesome dive sites available, some shore and some nicely accessible by boat such as Watamula, Scooter, Sponge Forest, etc...

While you are up there, think about stopping into to Sol Food!! Sunshine and David make the best pizza's on the island and they are open Friday, Sat, Sun!! Not to mention some great bread too!!

Anyways, need some assistance or advice... just let me know. I am always around and happy to help.

Safe diving till then and see you on the island soon enough!!

Regards,
Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom