Diving in Costa Rica, Panama, Guatemala need to plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Astona

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My hubby and I are are sailing on Monarch of the Seas Oct 17, and will be docked in

24-Oct Guatemala City, Guatemala 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
26-Oct Puntarenas, Costa Rica 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

And are looking for some diving. It doesnt look like the ship is going to have any dives and are thinking of booking our own.

Can anyone make any suggestions maybe ?

My hubby and I are are sailing on Monarch of the Seas Oct 17, and will be docked in

24-Oct Guatemala City, Guatemala 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
26-Oct Puntarenas, Costa Rica 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

And are looking for some diving. It doesnt look like the ship is going to have any dives and are thinking of booking our own.

Can anyone make any suggestions maybe ?
I can help. I am associated with several dive Operations here in costa rica where i reside and car rental agency as well.

What type of dive ( dives) would like to have in the amount of time your docked in i think i could get you a shallow reef dive or lobster dive near puntarenas, Also you might be interested in taking the ferry across the chanel to montezuma, its approx 30 minutes each way and once on montezuma there is some nice beach diving and gear/air is available.

It would almost be worth getting a ride or catching the bus from Punta Arenas up to Playas de Coco. There is some good diving up there. Only a couple of hours away. Not sure where you are docking in Panama, but there is a LOT of good diving there. Coiba is supposed to be some of the best diving in the world. On the Carib. side you have Portabelo and Bocas del Toro (ok diving). Have fun, that's a great area to travel through.

did your ship really dock in Guatemala City? I was just in Guatemala and the one place that raised my interest was Lake Atitlan, which is high altitude diving. I had a sinus problem while there, so I couldnt dive.

Back
Top Bottom