Diving in Cabo San Lucas or Grand Caymans in December or April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishlover

Reaction score
I am planning a trip in December and April and would like know the following:(I am trying to decide if going to cabo san lucas or grand caymans, and whether in dec or april)
1) How's the diving conditions of san lucas compared to grand caymans? in terms of water temperature, visibility, wind/current in december and April.
2) Do you see more colorful fishes in cabo or caymans?
3) Do you see more big fishes(not sharks though) in cabo or caymans?
4) Would you rather go to Cabo or Caymans in December? how about April?
5) Do you see more jelly fish in Cabo or Caymans?
6) Are the dive operations pretty professional in both places?
7) Any recommendations on dive operations?
8) Any other advices?
Thank you.

i 'm new to this site and I 'm a beginner diver. I wonder why I didn't get any reply. Please help me!

Caymans is a DIVE destination - easy diving, colorful coral reefs and fish, warm water year round, dozens of dive ops and dive hotels to choose from. :D

Cabo is a party and fishing destination. Water is cold in winter and warm in late summer. Some cool fish and eels, no real coral reefs. Only a few dive ops. No comparision. I am not saying you can't dive there, but I wouldn't go there just to dive.

Just my 2 cents.

robin:D

Fishlover-
For me it's a no-brainer. I've done both, and GC is a gazillion times better than Cabo. I've dived (dove?) Cayman for 10 years now and still see something new on almost every dive. I did a dive in Cabo in April once where I saw nothing but a 2 inch jelly float by, not one fish. The dive op wouldn't return my money, either. My humble advice is do Cayman. I'ts worth the extra bucks. -Pam

Cabo can't hold GC's wet Speedo---with or without a strap--any time of the year.......

1) Cabo... cold and poor vis compared to Cayman
2) Cayman Cayman Cayman.
3) About the same.. more grouper in Cayman, North Wall GC good chance for eagle rays
4) CAyman Cayman Cayman
5) 32 dives both places combined... no jellyfish
6) Yes,
7) I just use the PADI site to find ops. Never been let down. Obviously Sunset House in GC is great, but so is Eden Rock.
8) Cayman is more expensive for food and drink. Be ready to pay more. Dive Eden Rock both day and night if you can. If you have never done the "sting ray city" thing in GC, it is worth it once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom