Diving in Belize, high-end accomodations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's the copy paste from my Excel spreadsheet:

Hotel $ 961.00
Diving $ 350.00
Food $ 425.00
Flight $ 580.00

Per Person Total $ 2,316.00

This is for the November period, they're having a 20% off sale on low-season rates. Which means their 1BR villa is 275$ with the 9% tax included, per night. (275*7)/2=961$ per person for the resort. Link to the special: http://www.thephoenixbelize.com/Specials2.aspx
Food is budgeted at 75$ per day per person, minus a 100$ resort credit per person included in the November special.
The diving is for 10 dives with Chuck and Robbie's.

Flight is from Montreal to Belize City with AA via Miami. Transfer from Belize City to San Pedro is included in the room price of The Phoenix (for the November special).

2300$ per person plus factor about 200$ for tips and other misc spending. About 2500$ for the Phoenix. Good deal, imho.

Hope this helps!

I've narrowed it down to the Hamanasi. Can't go wrong with 3rd best hotel in Caribbeans I guess. Treehouse looks awesome as well. 2765/person for 7 nights including flight, dives, transfers, food, etc.

Good choice. I haven't stayed there, but I did stop by last month just to check it out. Hopkins is pretty cool, too, in a Garifuna funked down kind of way. There was a trip report posted here not too long ago by a diver who stayed at Hamanasi. You might want to check it out.

This is for the November period, they're having a 20% off sale on low-season rates. Which means their 1BR villa is 275$ with the 9% tax included, per night. (275*7)/2=961$ per person for the resort.

you're right, because the price is not per person, or i hope so, like the Hamansi

It is not per person, it's per villa. At Hamanasi it's per person if you look at the packages, otherwise rates are for the room/night.

The diving is for 10 dives with Chuck and Robbie's.

Flight is from Montreal to Belize City with AA via Miami. Transfer from Belize City to San Pedro is included in the room price of The Phoenix (for the November special).

2300$ per person plus factor about 200$ for tips and other misc spending. About 2500$ for the Phoenix. Good deal, imho.

Hope this helps!

I went to Belize in May and we dove with Chuck and Robbie's. We had a great time with them (and we are newer divers as well).

We also walked by the Phoenix almost every day and it looked like a great hotel.

Definitely eat at Wild Mango's while you are there-- probably the best meal my whole group had while there. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom