Diving in Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

427Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
The Villages, FL, and Northern Wisconsin (4 months
# of dives
200 - 499
I am on a cruise and arrive in Nassau on Jan 12th at 10:00 am. Ship leaves Jan 13th at 7:00 am. I would like to get a couple of dives in as I have never dove in the Bahamas. As near as I can tell I will miss the pickups for the morning dives. I do not have any idea how long it takes to get off the ship after arrival. I see where Stuart Cove picks up at 11:30 near the docks.

1. Anyone have any idea how long it takes to get on the dock after arrival?

2. Any suggestions of who to go with and if they pickup at the docks?

3. Does anyone think a 3/2 full body glove will be warm enough in January (my 7mm has shrunk too much :D)

4. Should I book dives with the ship, or make a call before leaving? I also do not enjoy cattle boats.

Thanks for any comments and help,
Dave

Hi 427Dave,

1. (Q) Anyone have any idea how long it takes to get on the dock after arrival?

(A) Plan on about an hour, although it can take as long as an hour and half.

2. (Q) Any suggestions of who to go with and if they pickup at the docks?

(A) You have only two choices, Stuart Cove's (http://www.stuartcove.com/) and Bahamas Divers (http://www.bahamadivers.com/). Neither are small, personal or allow great diver freedom, but both will work. I like Cove's better.

3. (Q) Does anyone think a 3/2 full body glove will be warm enough in January (my 7mm has shrunk too much)

(A) Thermal comfort is rather idiosyncratic, so it's hard to say. Look for scuba temps in the mid to low 70s.

4. (Q) Should I book dives with the ship, or make a call before leaving? I also do not enjoy cattle boats.

(A) If you're handling your own arrangements, make a booking before leaving and tell the shop about the ship's schedule.

Have fun and Happy New Year.

DocVikingo

Thanks for your input DocVikingo. !-1 1/2 hours to get off da boat... That will run very close to pickup times that I can find out about. I will call and make my own arrrangements I think.

Thanks and Happy New Year, Dave

Back
Top Bottom