Diving in Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba22

New
Reaction score
Can anyone offer any advice/recommendations regarding reputable dive operators in Aruba? Also, what are the "must see" dive sites? I hear good things about the Antilla and the Tug Boat. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. I'll be there mid-November with the wife so I'll be looking for a dive buddy as well. Thanks!

Clive at www.divearuba.com was GREAT! He has a set schedule that he follows. You get to stay down as long as you want/can- very casual, very safe. The Antilla was cool and so was another wreck on the far south east side of the island. Small boat 6-7 divers max.

Welcome to Scubaboard, Scuba22

When I was in Aruba I used Native Divers & was very happy with the dive op.
www.nativedivers.com
Romeo was great fun & being a native to Aruba knew all the best places.

You would get a better response to this question, if it was in the Caribbean section. Maybe we can get a Mod to move it for you. (hint, hint...Mods)
You should also do a search on Aruba and you will find tons of info.

scuba22:
Can anyone offer any advice/recommendations regarding reputable dive operators in Aruba? Also, what are the "must see" dive sites? I hear good things about the Antilla and the Tug Boat. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. I'll be there mid-November with the wife so I'll be looking for a dive buddy as well. Thanks!

From a search of the board archives--->

http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php?searchid=701691

Have fun.

DocVikingo

scuba22:

Dive aruba (Clive) is GREAT!!!! we did two weeks of diving with him and now we can't find another operator that we enjoyed our dives with, as much. He knows the palces that have not been ruined. I wished I was going this year again.

I haven't been to Aruba since 1999, but Unique Sports was very good at that time.

scuba22:

Stay away from Red Sail Sports. The boat crew was OK, but the office handling billing and reservations were a bungling group of fools.

scuba22:

I've been going to Aruba for windsurfing and scuba diving every June for the past 7 years. These are some of my notes. The diving on the South Coast is the best and resembles Bonaire in some areas. There are lots of wrecks if you like that -- I'm more of a "warm water, pretty fish" guy.

Note: no recompression chamber on the island
Sites:
South Coast best
Mike’s Reef
Finger
Mangel Halto (coral reef to 110 feet, seahorse city)
Harbor reef
Sonesta reef
Sponge Reef – very pretty!
Gino’s Choice
Jane C Wreck
80 feet
Upright, intact 250 ft cement freighter, reef as well
North coast such as Pedernalis, Antilla, and Arashi reef only fair

Pelican Watersports – very good operation !!!
www.pelican-aruba.com
pelican-aruba@setarnet.aw
011-297-5872302
Next to Holiday Inn on Pelican Pier
Afternoon dives never go to south coast
No junior divers allowed on trips to south coast due to depth and sea conditions
Two tank dive $55, one tank $35, night dive $59

Dive Aruba
divearuba@setarnet.aw
Has afternoon dives to south coast reefs
Like mentioned above I too would avoid Red Sail Sports. It has always seemed like a "cattle boat" operation to me. However, things could have changed. I haven't been diving with them in several years.

Have a great time!!

The Scuba Diving Vacation & Destinations section has a forum dedicated to the Greater Caribbean & Bahamas. I have taken the liberty of moving your post here in hopes it will get a wider response.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

scuba22:
I dove with Clive (Dive Aruba) in May. He is a fantastic operator. Clive is proferssional, knowledgeable and a whole lot of fun.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom