Diving In/Around Ashland KY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingchuck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Date: July

Purpose: Wedding

Topic: I will be in the Ashland area in July. I am looking for a watering hole or some place I can get wet. I never been there, my GF is in a wedding there that month and I don't like weddings nor funerals, so I am looking for a place to get wet.

Can anyone tell me a great dive shop or good dive location there around the Ashland area??

Thanks
-Chuck

Define Great and Good!:D

U are talking with a guy who thinks a river bed is vacation. :) Oh and clear blue waters of Florida is heaven!! So how bad is the diving in the Ashland area?? The dates are now Oct....I'm sure it will be cold. lol....I'm right at home with that too.

You are not going to find any good diving in Ashland. Expect to make a drive to get to a 'good' dive site, and I use that term loosely. The closest place to dive in KY would probably be Cave Run Lake in Morehead. The closest KY Dive Shop to Ashland is New Horizons Diving in Lexington, KY. That is a ~2hr drive.

Hopefully someone else will speak up and tell you about WV or OH locations for you to dive.

THanks, I hope so too cause right now, I see it being a boring trip if I can't get a dive in during the murder ritual. ;-) lol....I'm not big on going to funerals or weddings because there are no differences in the two, other than you are standing at one for the most part.

So now it should read, "Looking for some good dive locations in the Ashland KY area to include OHIO and West-by God-Virginia. :) Hey from from SC so there ain't no difference between the two (2) states.

Thanks again you all.

You are not going to find any good diving in Ashland. Expect to make a drive to get to a 'good' dive site, and I use that term loosely. The closest place to dive in KY would probably be Cave Run Lake in Morehead. The closest KY Dive Shop to Ashland is New Horizons Diving in Lexington, KY. That is a ~2hr drive.

Hopefully someone else will speak up and tell you about WV or OH locations for you to dive.

Contact Charlie Carroll at Huntington Sport and Scuba (Huntington, WV) at (304) 529-6622. Charlie is an expert in diving the area around Ashland, Ky; especially the Ohio River. The Ohio River has been a major transportation artery since the early 1700s and is a treasure trove of antique artifacts. Also, Grayson Lake, near Grayson, Ky, is another good spot to dive not far from Ashland.

Just call Charlie and he can set you up. He has a boat and takes divers out on the river nearly every weekend.

About a hundred miles to the east, in WV, is Summersville Lake, with the clearest water east of the Mississippi River. Look up Sarge's Dive Shop, at Summersville, on the internet.

William

Back
Top Bottom