Diving in Antarctica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bonjour Tomeck,

Bravo et merci pour ton compte rendu. Cela a dû être fantastique.
Mes sympathies pour ta grand-mère
Si cela t'intéresse, une expédition de recherche sur le Sedna a été effectuée récemment.
Tu peut voir leur rapport au:

Sedna | Radio-Canada.ca

Thanks for nice write up, is nice to see our trip from different perspective. Included are: GPS track from the trip and few pictures.

Attachments

• Antarctica 2008.jpg
    Antarctica 2008.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Mirek Antarctica (2) 1.jpg
    Mirek Antarctica (2) 1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Mirek Antarctica (5) 4.jpg
    Mirek Antarctica (5) 4.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,026
Thank you for your interesting comments!

Bonjour Tomeck,

Bravo et merci pour ton compte rendu. Cela a dû être fantastique.
Mes sympathies pour ta grand-mère
Si cela t'intéresse, une expédition de recherche sur le Sedna a été effectuée récemment.
Tu peut voir leur rapport au:

Sedna | Radio-Canada.ca
Merci. J'ai eu plaisir de lire ce site d'internet que tu as posté.

Thanks for nice write up, is nice to see our trip from different perspective. Included are: GPS track from the trip and few pictures.
Dzień dobry! I am surprised that you found me!

I am on Scuba Board almost daily, so it was not to difficult:wink:
Please contact me if you are ever around Los Angeles California, we can do a few dives here.

I am on Scuba Board almost daily, so it was not to difficult:wink:
Please contact me if you are ever around Los Angeles California, we can do a few dives here.
I did not wait somebody who went in Antarctica with me and found me on scubaboard. Maybe, there will be others?

I never went to California, will go you to California for the diving?

If you are interested by a large wreck out of wooden l'Hirondelle in Geneva Lake, you can contact me by PM.

I was on the sister ship the Professor Moltanovski on a voyage that left Ushuia on the 11 March 08 you will be sorry to hear that the Mikheev surcumed to the problems it was having earlier in the season and half of the passengers booked on the cruse were there to do some filming for a documentary and had to abandon those plans and some more gave up and went home and we welcomed 14 of their passengers on board and had a great time with them. (the Moltanovski had no compressor this season so no diving).

I would recommend the trip to any one that has even considered throwing a snow ball never mind extreme cold water diving. it was while cursing Niko harbor chasing kayaks that i had my first encounter with a leopard seal and watching this animal in the depths of the crystal clear waters i set myself a goal of returning in Feb 2010 to do exactly what you have just completed.

Congratulations on your achievement and i look forward to following in your footsteps/wake

here is a photo of my inspiration.

Picasa Web Albums - jab - Antarctia proper

Thank you for your dive report Tomeck. I enjoyed your description of the polar area very much. I can tell you are a diver/nature lover as I am from your observations as also my divers who are friends make observations like yours.
Congratulations on diving within the Polar Circle it is a story to be told, next time you must take a underwater camera so we can see the sights you have described.

I really loved that

thanks!

wow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom