Diving in Alimathaa Jetty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Alimathaa Jetty dive sites is one of 29 dive sites in Deep South route that we dove on March 14, 2021 with Carpe Vita and also one of 18 dive sites in the Best of Maldives route that we dove on March 24 with Emperor Leo.

The jetty is part of Alumathaa Resort, East of Vaavu atoll, that has been closed for a year. We saw lots of hungry Nurse Sharks there because of it.

Nice video, I loved this dive when I did it a few years back on Carpe Novo when it was an Explorer Ventures boat.

Reactions: Dan
Nice video, I loved this dive when I did it a few years back on Carpe Novo when it was an Explorer Ventures boat.

The first time I dove there was later in the evening when it’s dark in December 2018 with Maldives Aggressor II. We saw more active Nurse Sharks and Stingrays then.

I did it as a night dive. I was about a foot off the bottom and a stingray went between me and the sand and stopped right under me. I had visions of Steve Irwin coursing through my head. Fortunately I have decent buoyancy and it eventually went on its way.

Reactions: Dan
I did it as a night dive. I was about a foot off the bottom and a stingray went between me and the sand and stopped right under me. I had visions of Steve Irwin coursing through my head. Fortunately I have decent buoyancy and it eventually went on its way.

Wow! Good buoyancy skill pays off. Good job!

You can see that I was quite a bit above the sandy bottom & keep checking what’s below me in the video. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom