Diving goals for next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving trip to Phillipines, diving trip to Thailand, finally doing some diving in Korea. Learning to dive my soon-to-arrive drysuit. Dive more. Not moving for the next year, so time to get some more bottom time.

nothing too special, just more warm water dives. 1 trip to bonaire already booked for march, another trip for xmas being arranged.

on the equipment front i hope to be able to eventually fool my new canon g16 into thinking that it has a very expensive speedlight flash attached so that it will fire an offboard flash in continuous mode. this may not happen.

My 2015 goals are to compete DM and wreck this summer, get at least another 40 dives, searching for a warm weather destination for July... Looking at the cenotes in Mia, maybe Florida or NC.

I would also also like to get underwater digital photography or videography. Looking for an instructor that can teach photo, video not just the Specality.

Do you have an idea of what you want to achieve in terms of diving during the next year? Either in terms of diving somewhere, doing courses or getting some equipment?

Courses: Nitrox, Rescue

Destinations: Florida, Cenotes, Great Barrier Reef

Gear: Pony Bottle, trilam dry suit

These are my "next few years" goals.

Last year was fantastic for scuba!

Logged 141 dives. Took two trips to the Mexican Caves.
Passed GUE T1, bought a DPV and started diving Florida caves!

My goals for 2015 are simple. More DPV dives, more wrecks, more tech dives, more florida and mexico cave dives. Have fun, learn and grow! Make new scuba friends & buddies and support newer divers.

Lord willing & providing, my planning runs like this. I aim for 2 dive trips per year, one (perhaps solo) for heavy diving (e.g.: Bonaire), and one 'scuba trip disguised as a family vacation' (as my wife puts it), plus a couple of dives at the local quarry in southwestern KY, so I tend to come out around 35 dives/year maybe? Much as I love Bonaire, I've been 8 times, and I hope to expand my dive experience into some new places & types of diving. Need to keep costs down decently & no plane trip over 4 hours, same day arrival, 7 day trips. Water over 75 degrees so I don't need a wetsuit.

1.) 1st Live-aboard - aiming for Sun Dancer 2 in Belize. I love general Caribbean diving. Been slow to commit to being trapped on a boat for a week, probably solo, but want to try the live-aboard experience and the boat & destination are well-rated, plus I've never dove Belize. Hope to bang out a lot of dives.

2.) Morehead, NC. Basically all wreck diving, rather deep, with lengthy boat rides in the Atlantic. No, I'm not a history buff. Like many of you, I like diving with sharks. 'Real' sharks with the classic shark look & preferably gnarly looking teeth, but dangerous looking rather than apt to actually be dangerous (of course, sizable wild animals and all&#8230:wink:. Nurse sharks look kind of like catfish, Caribbean reef sharks are neat but unless fed tend to keep some distance & those I've seen aren't quite that big, and seeing them is really hit or miss. Ain't quite ready for shark feed dives with bulls & maybe tigers coming around.

Just as when I hit Jupiter, Fl last September during the Goliath grouper aggregation, I figure if you've got an itch to scratch diving, scratch that sucker hard. Don't mess around; get it out of your system. In the U.S. where sharks are concerned, I'm looking at 2 main opportunities - Jupiter, Fl during the lemon shark migration, or North Carolina wrecks with sand tiger sharks (which if I understand correctly congregate more heavily to breed in winter, but some should be available in summer when the water's warm like I like). I've already been to Jupiter, and I've seen enough sand tigers at public aquariums to know they've 'got the look' and are about the right size. Seems like they hang out & may let people fairly close?

So, late spring Sun Dancer 2 & late summer Morehead, NC is the tentative plan. Hope wife, toddler daughter & mother-in-law can find some non-diving fun in Morehead.

Richard.

I'd like to finish the year with a lot more dives and really get on top of my navigation. My sense of direction underwater is dreadful. I'd like to work towards becoming a DM down the track but that's not probably not a 2015 thing. I want the experience of completing the program as much as anything. Beyond making myself more useful on club dives, I don't see myself using the cert much professionally.

I have a lot of goals. More diving over 100m, more cavediving in France. And some private goals I do not share here :wink: Divingholidays for wrecks not planned yet. But if I go it must be to nice places, with wrecks over 60m. Maybe I want to try to go to Lanzarote, no wrecks, but then a week only 100+ dives on nice reefs.
And do some northsea wreckdiving too. Further more promoting solodiving as it has to be accepted as normal, it can be done safe with the right materials and mindset. And of course a lot of fun, and diving in the houselake, dive safe.

Plans for 2015
1) more experience with sidemounted normoxic trimix in my favorite mine
2) learn to use a full face mask
3) do some digging beyound a few sumps to gain new passage in a certain cave and also dive the seventh sump. Survey and document as needed.
4) combine some rope climbing and sump diving and document the result (first visits, nothing ambitious)

Last edited:
More diving with friends. Having my number of entries and exits match.

Convincing ScubaSam, CD, Acanthurus and lucky to come visit and dive with us.

More diving..... oh and maybe retire so I can do more diving :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom