Diving goals for next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'll be redoing GUE Fundamentals with DaleC in February . . . My goals for 2015 sound modest but will likely be far more difficult to accomplish than big classes or trips. I really want to get out and dive with the two guys I just did Cave 1 with. I'd really like to do some diving up in the San Juan Islands, and maybe get up onto Vancouver Island a time or two. I'd really like to help get our local Project Baseline off the ground. I'd like to do at least one weekend road trip with my favorite dive buddy. These are the hardest goals, because it's at home that I get sucked into the cycle of DMing classes, and the laziness of not wanting to drive anywhere in Seattle traffic.

So if I'm not mistaken, you went Fundamentals > Cave 1 > Cave 2 > Cave 1 > and now Fundamentals again?

Just so you know, this is normally not what is meant by "knowing this stuff forwards and backwards " :)

To meet more cave buddies and hopefully get a couple friends on their way to full cave. Want to finish my trimix cert and then deep cave as well as DPV cave!

I'm also considering trimix, but it's less certain I have the chance to do it...

Nice to read these goals. I would like to do a trimix course. I want to start using DPVs.

Continue my normal diving activities of 300 dives a year in Jupiter Fl and a lot of trips. Age starting to catch up (67), but still able to keep up Hunting and deep diving for Fla Lobster. Am disappointed in the mount of regular dives buddies that have just walked away from diving in the last ten years, but if my health continues I will be in the water.

Hope for the usual 70+ dives which include lots in NS (plus hopefully 3 or 4 OW courses to DM), summer 7 weeks in NYC area -shore dives, and 20 or so dives (including a charter) beginning right now in the Gulf of Mex. (hopefully something decent where we're snowbirding this year on Dauphin I., AL). And to collect some good shells. In otherwords same as last few years. My diving and routine is simple.

AOW for my son & I.
Sort out buoyancy with our new Fusion drysuits.
Dive a lot!
Probably no warm water trips, but hoping to make a couple trips to the west coast (Vancouver) or to Vancouver Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My diving goals for this is to learn, learn take some class's and diving more.

Goals for 2015 :

- complete my DM program and cert
- Adv Nitrox or Tech deep
- if I can squeeze a week to Scapa Flow

And just keep diving

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom