Diving gifts from loved ones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This yr. for my b'day I think hubby got me a underwater MP3 player and I don't know what else he's getting me...he's not that imaginative or creative in buying gifts..if i don't tell him what to get me he won't do anything good. For his b'day this yr. i got him a pelican case he wanted...dinner, and a trip to Bonaire. he always gets good stuff from me.

My wife got me a regulator set for Father's Day this year. Can't wait to finally get it wet!

almitywife:
Hi,
i really wanted diamonds.... 10 lovely diamonds in my wedding band to match all the others i have... but getting dive gear again. whichs prompts the questions... what gifts have you received over the years and why?

LSL

I'll take scuba gear over diamonds on any occasion.

Most of my scuba gear has been gifted. You can always tell what I bought myself because it's cheap and second hand. Heh heh. My ex actually got me a lot of my stuff. I was always concerned about him blowing his budget on it, but it was nice of him. He got my tank, wetsuit (my old one was being held together by aquaseal and hope), and gear bag, most of that was for Xmas/birthday. He paid for my DiveRite BC with his credit card, but I insisted on paying him back for that one.

My father got me a tri-lam, Proton regulator/octopus, Save-a-Dive kit, o-ring kit, dive first aid kit, Volo fins, and is planning on getting me a wide angle lens.

My Olympus C-5060 and Oly housing were a Christmas gift from my mother. My new Olympus C-5060 was a gift from DEPP and my Ikelite housing was a gift from myself. :wink:

So I'm pretty much outfitted thanks to gifts, which is nice, because I fresh out of college when I started diving, moved to a job that paid me next to nothing, and now, while I'm making more, most of that has to go to med school applications and potential enrollment.

ok, birthday is 13 days away and i now know what im getting from hubby for my birthday.... a picture framing course and picture framing tools - so i can spend my "spare time" framing hubbys (thousands of) underwater photos. technically not scuba gifts-but scuba related so adding it to my list.

Back
Top Bottom