Diving from Split, Croatia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all. Ive been reading all you posts with interest since i've been considering going to croatia (or possibly slovenia) for a diving holiday. Are there any times of the year that are particular good, especially with regards to visibility, life etc. For example, how is september? Or would it be better to wait until spring?
Cheers, mette

Hi all. Ive been reading all you posts with interest since i've been considering going to croatia (or possibly slovenia) for a diving holiday. Are there any times of the year that are particular good, especially with regards to visibility, life etc. For example, how is september? Or would it be better to wait until spring?
Cheers, mette
I don't want to offend my Slovenian friends but there's not much to dive at Slovenian coast (only few miles of coast, very shallow, sandy bottom, not much marine life). IMO september is the best month for diving in Croatia: the weather conditions are good, the sea is still warm (23/24 at surface, 20 at 30m), not much tourists, not much traffic. In the spring the sea can be quite cold (13/14) and the weather is less stable then in the end of summer and begining of autmn.

I agree about temp and viz in September, never dived in Slovenia so can't comment. Looking at my log we dived on Bol, island Brac 23/09/07 to 27/09/07. Air temp between 22/24 water about 20 at 24m, 17 at 38m. At that time of year the weather is a bit variable and quite cool in the evenings when the sun goes down.

I agree about temp and viz in September, never dived in Slovenia so can't comment. Looking at my log we dived on Bol, island Brac 23/09/07 to 27/09/07. Air temp between 22/24 water about 20 at 24m, 17 at 38m. At that time of year the weather is a bit variable and quite cool in the evenings when the sun goes down.

last year september was much colder than usual because of cyclon at that time,otherwise sea temp in september is about 25 or more at surface

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom