Diving from Robins AFB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phestr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Greetings all. I'm in th Air Force, and there is a good chance that my next assignment will be to Georgia. Since being stationed in Okinawa, I have become a diving fanatic, and have no desire whatsoever of discontinuing my addiction. I know that there is diving in Florida and NC, but is there anyone who makes frequent trips from the Robins are (or near there), and can give me some info on distance and pricing on trips? I won't be moving for awhile, but I thought I'd do some research. Thanx in advance!

Phestr, WELCOME to ScubaBoard ! ! !

You have an excellent resource right in your back yard! Divers Supply has its corporate headquarters and largest store just up the road from Warner Robins in Macon, GA. You can see the diver down flag from I-475.

You're just a couple of hours drive away from the springs and caves in north Florida and just another couple of hours away from Panama City Beach, FL. You can get some pretty decent boat diving done there.

There is diving to be had off the coast of Georgia out of the Savannah area, about 170 miles down I-16 from Macon, but charters are very limited.

There is a lake a little north of Macon, Lake Juliette, that a couple of divers here on ScubaBoard dive from time to time. Check in with JKSteger and he can give you the lowdown on it.

Once again, WELCOME ! ! ! to Scubaboard.

Safe dives . . . . . .
. . . safer ascents !

The Kraken

Welcome to Scubaboard!! You are in the right forum. We all try to post our upcoming diving plans in the trips and local marketplace and when you arrive, you can keep an eye out for any upcoming events you might be interested in. We always welcome anyone to join in!!

Back
Top Bottom