diving from manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Regman & Ben Ca,

I'm not pinoy but it seems like it sometimes - I visit every month or 2 and do alot of diving in Anilao and Puerto Galera. Nice to see other philippine divers around!

cheers, Joe

hi guys, i just came from malapascua island last week and saw thresher sharks and mantas. right now, i've parked the fins and put on my hiking boots and trekked over to sagada, mountain province. it's way up north. great sites above water, too.

gypsydiver, i drop by nyc once a year for vacation. do any diving up there?

scubydooby, which dive operators do you stay at? i frequent anilao as well.

neve, i think it's about time you made your way over here.

hi gemma, i've never been to spain. how is the diving over there?

scuby dooby,

yeah, i go to aquaventure a lot too. but once in a while i go to ocellaris, which is before aqua, and to balai, which is after aqua.

regman

Hey regman ~
Sorry, I didn't get this message until now. Unfortunately the diving out here is really slim compared to the PI. I hear there are several wrecks upstate & NJersey, but I've never gone. (I'm a wimp when it comes to cold water) I did a 7mil suit dive in Portofino last week & though it was a wonderful dive, it certainly was uncomfortable. I think I'll stick to warm water from now on!

Hello regman!

I'm also from Alabang. :) But I'm in L.A. for college. I got certified here, too. So, basically, I've never dove in the Philippines before. I'm looking forward to this May when I go to Boracay and Coron, though! :D

I actually just came from a rescue class. I just love scuba diving. It's my favorite thing to do now!

Oh, I forgot, welcome to the board! :)

Hi Guys,

Another "Flip" here. "Born in the USA" but mom from Bataan and Dad from Alaminos (Hundred Islands). Go to P.I. about once a year. PADI AOW and Rescue. I live in Northern California and love to dive Monterey, Hawaii, and the "Galapagos of North America"...the Channel Islands. Plan to dive for the first time in the P.I. this January 2003. My 19 y.o. daughter is certified as well.

Hey everyone!

Haven't posted in a long while, but decided to check in on this board and see what was up. Nice to see a lot of Filipinos getting on and keeping in touch.

I do most of my diving in Anilao and Puerto Galera as well, since I'm based in Manila, although I try to dive around the country a few times a year. I dive pretty much every weekend; let me know if any of you guys are in the area, maybe we can dive together.

Meantime, take care all. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom