diving from a pwc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why not just chain your pwc to a buoy or a mooring station with a padlock. i would rather do that then anchor

Would it be possible to attach some kind of "trailer". Maybe some kind of inflatable. At least then you could tow your gear instead of riding wearing it.

I have heard of people diving off of their PWC with hookah systems and they have not had any trouble with theft in the Charleston area. Or for that matter I know of people diving with tanks off of PWC's and boats solo and even though I thought of doing this myself, I would hate for someone to drag me off if I am on a hookah line. I tend to dive the rivers so I would also have a sign attached to the boat, PWC that reads GOD says THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, and this would only keep an honest person honest right, but a thief will jump at opportunity no matter what.

first off.... hello Mike, you know i can't resist a thread with pwc in it, since i own a Yam FX-140 (the first four stroke model)

i have not dove from my ski yet and have no desire to. have thought about it though.

best approach i can think of, regarding thieves, is to have two skis and two divers that take turns. Or, haul an inflatable, or jon boat, behind the ski with the gear and second diver. my four stroke has a lot of torque and pulls and hauls easily.

another consideration: my ski is almost always in water less than 20 feet deep, even in the edge of the ocean. when diving 20 foot water i will occasionally pop to the surface to check the accuracy of my compass reading. one can easily hear a boat approaching when underwater. popping to the surface will slow down a thief

another idea in regards to diving from a ski (not related to thieves) : if diving a river or lake, park the ski onshore, dress-out onshore, then wade-in and back paddle to your targeted drop point

popping to the surface will slow down a thief

Especially if the speargun comes out of the water first.:D

Bob
------------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Back
Top Bottom