Diving for single?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hogge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I am looking for a place or resort which would be suitable for a a single (newly divorced :depressed:) diver in autumn 2013.

I have around 40 dives (advanced) and am looking for a place, not only for diving but also for some relaxation.

Any suggestions?

Thanx in advanced
Hogge :cool2:

Where are you located and where do you want to go? Caribbean? Pacific? Asia?

Hi,
I am located in Europe but can go anywhere as I have a bunch of air miles.
I am not too keen on Thailand though.

Hi,
I am located in Europe but can go anywhere as I have a bunch of air miles.
I am not too keen on Thailand though.
Then I would recommend the egyptian red sea. flights from many European locations, cheap, nice weather, good diving and depending on wether you want lazy relaxation or nightlife you can go to sharm el sheikh, dahab or hurghada..
Dive ops like Emperor Divers, Sinai Divers, Camel Dive, Red Sea College and Colona is reputable ops that will provide you with good service and an enjoyable, affordable vacation :)

Heck, if you can fly free with air miles, go there twice :p

I would recommend Oman. You can fly direct into Muscat, or skip through Dubai.

Oman has pretty decent diving in the fall, air temperatures are in the low 30's, and you won't have the rat race that Sharm and the Red Sea ports have become. Other than sharks, you will see all the same species as the Red Sea. The corals there are pretty spectacular and there is a very healthy sea turtle population. The hotels are all western friendly (meaning they serve everything you would eat or drink at home), and the dive prices are affordable. Google Daminyat Islands and Bandar Khayran for dive sites. Euro-Divers is a good dive operation and do hotel pickups (they have a website if you want to check pricing).

If a relaxed pace is what you are after, it's hard to beat Muscat.

How about Malta? Extreme viz,friendly people, cheap food.Lots of wrecks, chimneys, cave/caverns/swimthroughs. Best dives on Comimo, so I would recommend diving with Seashell in Mellieha(been diving 2 seasons with them..) And, explore the old towm Medina etc. when you're not diving.

Hi,

I am looking for a place or resort which would be suitable for a a single (newly divorced :depressed:) diver in autumn 2013.

I have around 40 dives (advanced) and am looking for a place, not only for diving but also for some relaxation.

Any suggestions?

Thanx in advanced
Hogge :cool2:

Hello Hogge,
I have group space going to the Philippines starting November 18 for five days at a five star land dive resort called Atlantis and then a week on the Atlantis Azores liveaboard ship traveling through the central Philippines for some awesome diving. Some people are staying on longer and going to Anilao or Puerto Galera where there is more amazing diving and lots of night life in Puerto Galera. Send me a note if you want some details and prices. DiveSailBikeSki@gmail.com
Carl

Back
Top Bottom