Diving For No Cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are two hotel moguls in Jamaica. Couples and Hedonism belong to one (Swept Away is a family member). The other mogul has Sandals and Beaches. They are all full AI's and include scuba diving. There are also several AI's that do not include motorised watersports (skiing, diving etc.)

Obviously, there is no such thing as 'no cost'. However, in terms of value, imo (like the OP), it is quite close to being 'no cost'.

I believe the above chains also have other Caribbean destinations.

I've been to hedonism2 9 times. This is an adults only resort and is clothing optional.
the scuba is included in the resort price and the equipment is in good condition.
be prepared for a nude diver or two on the boat which pales in comparison to what you will see at the resort.

Superclubs' Breezes and Hedonism brands feature included diving. I've had great experiences with diving at Superclubs. I have been able to easily get in 2 dives per day unless they had an extreme number of divers, then they try to make sure everyone gets at least 1 dive per day. All dives are guided with a time limit. First dives is always the shallow dive - 60 ft. If you prove you are a good, safe, smart diver then you can go on the deeper dives - generally 90 ft, but could be deeper if you have an experienced group. The attitude of the diving staff has always been excellent for me.

Couples is an independent all-inclusive resort chain that offers scuba included. I've talked to people who were very happy with diving services at Couples.

Sandals and Beaches are Butch Stewart's all-inclusive resorts that have scuba included. I understand Sandals/Beaches has very strict rules on "pool refresher" requirements and diving frequency limits. The "resort course" for non-certified divers has a fee. It seems to me that their rules try to keep the number of dives per week to a minimum and very, very conservative dive profiles. For the most part you are limited to 1 dive per day. Dives have strict time limits. Only Advanced certified divers are allowed on "deep dives" over 70 feet.

These are not "dive resorts" but rather everyday all-inclusive resorts that include diving. If you want hard-core diving, many dives per day, open limits to your NDL and air consumption, you'll be happier elsewhere. If you want a few dives while on vacation, they are great places. I personally find Hedonism II to be one of the funest places on earth!

We dived twice everyday at no cost - its part of the all inclusive package.

Don't confuse "no cost" with "already paid for" as there's a big difference.

:shocked2:

We just came back from Sandals, Negril and we were very happy with the diving we did with them. We found the dive staff to be very safety conscious but not ridiculously picky at all. We did 2 1-tank dives per day - the dive sites are so close to shore that we came back to the resort to exchange tanks, grab a bite, etc. The dive staff (and all staff for that matter) were amazingly friendly and helpful. The dives were not overly long - about 40 minutes since we all came up together when one person in the group got low on air; but that did not bother me. Having a guide was great since they know where to find the cool stuff. The highlight of our diving was 2 nurse sharks hiding under ledges; one was about 5 feet long and the other was at least 10 feet long, its head must have been about 2 feet in diameter. Amazing creatures!! We also saw several sting rays and sea turtles. The fish were not very big but we did see several good sized schools of colourful fish. In my limited opinion, I think the coral looked pretty good and there was a nice variety of sponges. We also saw a few sea cucumbers, lobsters, urchins, and lion fish. We are planning on diving with Sandals Negril again in the near future. We got an amazing deal there through my boyfriend's work, so for us it practically was "free diving". We just can't say enough good things about the staff at Sandals Negril. The food was also very good. Our room was fairly average but who cares??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom