Diving Dominica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spent a day diving with ALDive in the marine reserve off Dominica. Had spent a week diving the north a few years back and LOVE the island. ALDive was simply awesome and offerred a professional personal small boat safety concious dive experience!

With small fully safety equipped boats, ALDive owners Samantha and Billy were totally helpful from a simple cell call to them to arrange our day of diving to meeting us off the ship exactly as planned to two expert and enjoyabley lead awesome wall dives.
AOW with over 200 dives myself, I would totally reccomend ALDive for divers of any level!

Dominica offers some of the friendliest people and unspoiled nature that is breathtaking above and below the sea. From 300 foot crystal clear spring waterfalls you hike to deep in the rainforest that can swim in to whales offshore... Dominica offers Carribean adventure that has to be experienced to be appreciated. Skip the big resort veg by the pool places and come to Dominica, You will be enchanted.

Before you go, call Samantha at ALDive and it will all fall perfectly into place!

just google ALDive and make the call!

That's quite the commercial above!

One thing I forgot to point out. Yes, the island is mostly unspoiled. Both the island and the dive sites are very uncrowded. We did 14 boat dives, I think. One dive we opted to go to a different dive site because there was a boat moored where we wanted to be. Another dive had a boat moored one buoy over. Other than that, we had the ocean to ourselves. I've never experienced that before except on a live aboard. The natural sights in the island were also very uncrowded, at least in the afternoons which is when we were out on them.

Three cruise ships/week dock there but we basically never overlapped with the passengers except driving through the downtown area.

............ Also, we saw a sea horse every day on average. No frogfish. ....................
Interesting. When we were there last January, we saw zero sea horses, but averaged 3-4 frogfish per dive!

If you go make sure you make arrangements to go canyoning. Extreme Dominica arranges it and it was AWESOME!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom