Diving Cozumel....need Comments Etc..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrifterEd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In Dec I am going to Cozumel. Staying at 'Hotel Cpzumel" diving with "Dive Paradise" I am ow/advanced and looking for some exciting diving. Any tips,recommendations or comments about the hotel or DO would be appreciated. I was tols I have a ocean view room near the tunnels(whatever that is)...THANKS..... :

Hello,

Did you already book with Dive Paradise ?
Ok let's resume :
Advantage : one of the only shop to propose 3 tanks a day
Advantage : Cheap dives ( 3tanks 68$)
Problem : 1500 PSI - at least - remaining on each of my tank after the dive
Problem : Maximum dive time of 40-45 minutes
Problem : Different Divemaster every day
Problem : No level groups for diving
Problem : Divemasters waiting for final tipping only

Conclusion
Cozumel coral gardens, fishes and visibility is a Paradise
Dive Paradise is the Problem
Cheap,Overcrowded,Unfriendly.

Don't book anything, anyway you won't be short of dive shops in cozumel.

Have a good trip

Sincerely

J.G.

We were in Cozumel last August.
Dive Pardise was all cattle boats and lots of divers from the cruise ships when they're in port.

We went with Blue XT~Sea. The Dive master Raul was great. Personal service all the way. 3 dives a day, all great, Devil's Throat, and other swim throughs. Great Night dive.
They recommended Caribe Blu which is spartan , but clean, lots of hot water and always plenty of towels.
Do rent a car.

Blue XT~Sea Diving Cozumel
Christi Courtney is the owner and she's very helpful.

cell:* 011-52-987-800-0916 from US or Canada

off:* 011-52-987-869-2409* from US or Canada

drifter plus:
In Dec I am going to Cozumel. Staying at 'Hotel Cpzumel" diving with "Dive Paradise" I am ow/advanced and looking for some exciting diving. Any tips,recommendations or comments about the hotel or DO would be appreciated. I was tols I have a ocean view room near the tunnels(whatever that is)...THANKS..... :

The Tunnel is just that it is a walkway under the road to get to the beach club. That is where the dive shop and lockers and rinse tanks are. The beach club also has an open air restaurant LOS GIRASOLES and bar, and small pool. We have stayed there several times and will again.

It is a short cab ride to town about 3.00US or you can walk approx 15-20 minutes. The rooms have an in room safe and hair dryer. A/C is cold each room has a patio or balcony with pegs to hang wet stuff.

I have never used the dive op but my brother has and said he will never use them again. The boat he was on was very crowded DM's were not attentive. If you have not booked the diving go with an independent. We use Blue XT Sea and are very happy with them.

http://www.hotelcozumel.com.mx/

Raul is no longer with Blue XT Sea, he has purchased his own boat, he is one of the best DM's I've ever dove with down there. His website is www.bottomtimedivers.net
B XT Sea has a really good rep, so does Dive with Martin and I have went out with Blue Bubble a lot, which is where I know Raul from.

dive sites depend on the experiance of the divers on the boat and sometimes conditions. but really I can't think of a bad dive spot, they are all a little different, Paradise reef is very shallow, closest to the international pier, but boy! you'll see the fish. the sites further south are deeper and the fish are larger and you'll have some swim-thru's, others are wall dives, really cool! then there's the ship wreck the c-53? I think it's called, just sunk a couple of years ago so it's still under development as far as the reef goes, but it's a nice dive if you've never done a wreck as it's not real deep and it's fairly easy to swim around in.
don't know anything about Hotel Cozumel, usually stay at La Ceiba and like it very much.
so many ops, hotels and sites to choose from, it's a little confusing your first time out, see the sub-forum under Mexico on Cozumel, you'll get more advice there than you can shake a speargun at.
best wishes,
the shark

drifter plus:

Looking over the Scuba Diving Vacation & Destinations section you will see that we have a subforum dedicated to Cozumel. I have taken the liberty of moving your post here in the hope it will get a more complete response.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

sharky60:
Raul is no longer with Blue XT Sea, he has purchased his own boat, he is one of the best DM's I've ever dove with down there. His website is www.bottomtimedivers.net
B XT Sea has a really good rep, so does Dive with Martin and I have went out with Blue Bubble a lot, which is where I know Raul from.

dive sites depend on the experiance of the divers on the boat and sometimes conditions. but really I can't think of a bad dive spot, they are all a little different, Paradise reef is very shallow, closest to the international pier, but boy! you'll see the fish. the sites further south are deeper and the fish are larger and you'll have some swim-thru's, others are wall dives, really cool! then there's the ship wreck the c-53? I think it's called, just sunk a couple of years ago so it's still under development as far as the reef goes, but it's a nice dive if you've never done a wreck as it's not real deep and it's fairly easy to swim around in.
don't know anything about Hotel Cozumel, usually stay at La Ceiba and like it very much.
so many ops, hotels and sites to choose from, it's a little confusing your first time out, see the sub-forum under Mexico on Cozumel, you'll get more advice there than you can shake a speargun at.
best wishes,
the shark

Please do not confuse Raul's.

Raul Romero (not Blue Bubble/independent Raul) has been my right arm for close to 2 years and he is actually the Raul people are referring to in most cases.

Raul Platas worked for me for 2 months prior to purchasing his own boat. He is a great divemaster and I wish him all of the success in the world.

I also now have Pedro Pablo formerly of Blue Bubble and Jaime Moreno. Both superb divemasters.

drifter plus:

Can you tell us a little about your diving experience/history? It will help give a better picture of what level diver you are and you will get much better recommendations that way. No offense intended, but an AOW card does not necessarily equate to an advanced diver by definition.

Christi: We will be in Cozumel on Nov 22nd for the day coming off the Grandeur of the Seas. Newly certified, but we will complete our AOW in September. What do you suggest and offer? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom