Diving Concepts drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba70

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking at buying a drysuit in the near future, but I've never used one. My LDS sells Diving Concepts drysuits. Does anyone have any feedback about one that they have used?

Diving Concepts makes suit of excellent construction. They are good alternatives to DUI and a more competetive price.

I have had mine for two years with nothing but positive things to say (I never had any problems from the get go.

I had a Diving Concepts suit and have a DUI now. The DC. suit was to small for me. The only reason I didn't go with another DC was the LDS that sold them. As far as the suit goes it's a very good suit. I had a ZFLEX and the suit was fine.

Diving Concepts makes a well-constructed, sturdy suit. If you fit in a stock size, you'll be very happy. I would be cautious about a special order suit.

Diving Concepts makes a well-constructed, sturdy suit. If you fit in a stock size, you'll be very happy. I would be cautious about a special order suit.

We found that if you fall into the tall/thin person, custom DC suits are good. (I have one) But it took them a couple of tries for a short/stocky person.

The only issue I had with my DC suit was that I wore a hole in my butt from the crotch strap. I added some neoprene reinforcement in the groin to protect that suit.

What would make you be cautious about a special order suit. I don't know how their sizes run, but I'm a fairly standard build. Does the special order make it more prone to other problems?

<snip> Does the special order make it more prone to other problems?

It takes forever.

All the best, James

I had some significant problems with my special order suit, and I wasn't very happy with the way things eventually got settled. I know someone else who had major fit problems with a DC custom suit. To be fair, I've heard the same kind of horror stories from other manufacturers as well, although I've seen solutions I liked better than what DC offered me.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom