Diving Concepts Dry Suit Boot wear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RPanick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I've only had my Diving Concepts suit for a couple of seasons, but already the boots are worn smooth. Granted there wasn't much tread to begin with. Anyone else seen that problem with wear.

Oh, I decided to have the boots replaced with socks. I got tired of feeling all the stones in the parking lot through the soles. This way I can simply replace the boots if I wear them out, and get some soles thick enough so I don't have to feel all those stones.

Yes, mine had that problem as well. First time I put some aquaseal on the soles and sprinkled on some sand for traction... worked for a while.

When the boots started oozing water in through the neoprene part I had them replaced with "rock boot" type boots. KME in washington state made and installed them. The boots are neoprene and have a good sole so even for beach hikes the rocks don't hurt my feet.

I did need to get a bigger fin size, though.

I have an UltraFlex Pro since 1 season and noticed it too.
The sole is almost completely worn down. I'm thinking about replacing them with "Rock Boot" style boots as well.

I'm going to Our World Underwater next weekend (assuming Northwest doesn't go on strike). Maybe they will be there and I can talk to them about it. I chatted a bit with one of the people at Dema, but didn't push the case.

Pretty sad when you spend that much and the boots wear out that quick. Shame too, I like the convience of just slipping into the suit and not worrying about the boots.

Well, I just ordered a DC suit (6 weeks ago), and the shop mailed me some boots to try on for size. After I got them, they told me to throw them in the trash. It seems that Diving Concepts changed their boots. So they sent me two different ones to try on (three weeks ago). For the life of me, I can't remember if the soles were much different (I was focused on the fit). But one thing is for sure: The DC boots that you guys have will not be the boots the people who order them today will get.

I still have the first two boots they sent me, so when I get my suit (any day now) I'll compare and post the differences.

Rick Inman:
Well, I just ordered a DC suit (6 weeks ago), and the shop mailed me some boots to try on for size. After I got them, they told me to throw them in the trash. It seems that Diving Concepts changed their boots. So they sent me two different ones to try on (three weeks ago). For the life of me, I can't remember if the soles were much different (I was focused on the fit). But one thing is for sure: The DC boots that you guys have will not be the boots the people who order them today will get.

I still have the first two boots they sent me, so when I get my suit (any day now) I'll compare and post the differences.
What do the new boots look like?

Back
Top Bottom