diving computers and mac computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickkober

New
Reaction score
hello, i am in the market to upgrade my computer and was wondering if anybody knows of any manufacturs that have software designed to allow dive information to be downloaded to apple computers. thanks

While I love my Sensus Ultra, it's really more a dive recorder than a dive computer.

I broke down, and am using Oceanic's software on Windows XP via VMware Fusion.

If you're getting one of the new Intel Macs you'll want to get Parallels running with XP. As has been said in previous threads even the windows versions of most of these apps are horrible, it would be pretty hard to expect a decent Mac version.

Macintosh has less than 5% market share. It isn't cost effective to write software for 5% of the people out there, when you could write it for 95% instead.

Go to a store that sells software and try to find any software for a macintosh. You'll find shelves full of software for a pc, but no Mac software. The think of how small of a market the dive comunity is. If they start writing Mac software for their dive computers thay will have to sell their computers for a lot more money. (programmers charge a lot). there for their computers will cost more that comparible computers that don't have Mac software. therefore they will eventually go out of business.

Fordan:
While I love my Sensus Ultra, it's really more a dive recorder than a dive computer.

I broke down, and am using Oceanic's software on Windows XP via VMware Fusion.

Look at it this way: get a sensus and never, ever have to buy a $100 usb interface cable again. Then strap whatever you want to on your wrist and go diving. This is a valid method indepedent of chosen operating system.

Visit Macdivelog.com It works with most Suunto Dive Computers.

Wys.

Uwatec has jTrak, free like SmartTrak for Windows, and it should work perfectly if you purchase the original Uwatec IrDa.

Otherwise, good luck with finding one IrDa adapter that works on OS X...

evil_xander:
Uwatec has jTrak, free like SmartTrak for Windows, and it should work perfectly if you purchase the original Uwatec IrDa.

Otherwise, good luck with finding one IrDa adapter that works on OS X...
Ditto.

Back
Top Bottom