Diving Charleston SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to Charleston SC in mid-to-late May. I see a couple charter boats. I also have seen some websites for "black water" diving in the rivers. I'm wondering what recommendations divers have for Charleston that time of the year. What would you dive if you were living or going there?

If you spearfish or lobster it's the best time of year. Vis will be decent temps will be warmed up inshore a bit, it's always nice offshore. Much better on private boats.

The black water scene is awesome, charter or private. Temps will be a bit chilly.

Thanks for the feedback. How do I connect with a charter for black water? I've seen a couple websites for it, but haven't gotten a response to email?

Mark Johnson at divethecooper.com

I’ve only used Alan Devier several times in the past, but sadly he’s no longer with us. Water temps in mid May will probably still be in the 60’s, maybe getting close to 70. Ripping current, and 2-3 foot vis at 50 feet - it ain’t for everybody but can be both rewarding and scary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom