diving Charleston SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tritime

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I am new to the board and wanted to see if anyone had any information dive charters in Charleston SC. I will be in Charleston the first week of July and wanted to get some diving in while I was there. thanks

There may be others but two I know of are Charleston Scuba and Low Country. It's mainly wreck diving as the bottom is mostly sand with some ledges. Since the bottom can be sand for miles, both attract fishlife.The video on Charleston's main page shows a ledge area.

Read the What to expect here: Local Diving – Charleston Scuba Generally the DM only hooks the wreck then returns to and stays on the boat. The shallower dives are maybe 1hr+ out, deeper dives can be as much as two hours. So plan on being gone almost all day.

diversteve, thanks for the information I will check out their site. where you happy with your experience with Charleston Scuba? Did you feel they were a reputable outfit? was it a positive experience? Did you dive alone or did you go with a buddy? I am going alone and didn't know if I could hire a guide like I did when I dove with Olympus dive center in NC (that might be a phone call to CS) Thanks in advance for your help.

Back
Top Bottom