Diving Center Dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klaustrof08

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello

I have just moved to Dubai, so i was thinking about recommendation on some Dubai Diving Centers?

Since i’m gonna stay there longer i will need this.

Any thoughts

Dubai - Scuba Shade; Al Habtoor Grand - Dubai Marina area.

Dubai (West Coast ) Diving is limited to wrecks, the seas can be lumpy because of the wind coming down the gulf. The best wrecks are Miriam Express and Zainab, both 30m wrecks and both around a 45 min boat ride.

Vis can be poor especially in the near shore sites, it can be good further out, or equally as poor - especially in the late autumn through late spring when the water cools enough for Plankton blooms. In the Summer because the gulf is shallow, the sea temps can reach 36- 38C

East coast diving is reefs (with a few sunken barges)
You need to drive to Korfakan (Dibba) which is a 2 hour run from Dubai

Choice of centers are:

Al Boom
Divers Down
Free Style Divers
Sandy Beach Dive Centre

All are good operators, Al Boom tends to have the less experienced divers, they also IIRC have s bus shuttel service from Dubai

Vis can be great or pants

For Equipment Sales

Al Boom - Al Wasl Road, Jumeriah 1 Who are Apex/Aqua Lung

Dive Garage; Currently in Dubai Investment Park 2 - Dive Rite, Shearwater, Suunto agent and repair centre

BOTH Dive Garage and Al Boom have very good Service centres. My regs go to Al Boom because the Tech manager is a Scot Expat, knows his stuff and has pretty much written the book and worn the tee shirts out

Hope that helps

My regs go to Al Boom because the Tech manager is a Scot Expat, knows his stuff and has pretty much written the book and worn the tee shirts out

FIVE STARS for Stevie :D

I normally dive from Fujairah Marina with Barracuda Dive Centre, shorter and easier drive from where I live in Dubai.

Most dive sites off Fujairah are in excess of 18m and those close to shore usually have rubbish vis too. All but one wreck (Inchcape 10) are square profile dives, so Nitrox is recommended.

And welcome to the UAE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom