Trip Report Diving at Sogod Bay, Philippines with Sogod Bay Scuba Resort - August 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a fast ferry from close to Mactan Airport in Cebu to Leyte and take around 30 mins from the ferry to the dive centers.
Unless a new ferry terminal has been built over last few yrs otherwise Ferry Terminal No 1-4 are a fair distance from the Airport. If the traffic is heavy expect around 1hr.
Check the latest ferry schedule to either Maasin or Hilongos. Those going to Ormoc should be ok but about 3hrs by road to Sogod Bay(Padre Bugos).

When are the Phillipines re-opening?

No one know the answer.

Well the plan for others who are asking for end of this year is to dive both Bohol and Leyte. For me I would fly to Bohol as the airport is only 15 minutes max to where I dive with Bohol Divers Club in Panglao. From there I can get a car to the ferry to Leyte. A much easier way to go when the dive plan is to dive both in Bohol and Leyte. No need to go to Mactan Airport then ferry it's just another option.

There is the new super cat fast ferry service from Mactan now.

PS Air Asia and Cebu Pacific flights arrive at 4am or 5am from Taiwan I am to Mactan and at that hour getting to the ferry is fast and you can buy your ticket beforehand.

Regular Ferry Schedules

There is the new super cat fast ferry service from Mactan now.

Regular Ferry Schedules
2020 Topline Express Cebu-Mactan: Ferry Schedule & Ticket Fares

I cannot find any information about Super Cat fast ferry from Mactan.

SuperCat by CHELSEA

Direct ferry from Bohol to Leyte
Bato to Ubay and v.v.: Medallion Transport Schedule & Fare Rates
Ferry departs at 09:00.

Cebu to Maasin and v.v.: Weesam Express Schedule & Fare Rates
This service is NOT available at the moment.

Just an update. I dived here recently. It's still incredibly quiet in Sogod Bay following the pandemic, but the diving and service remain really good. I would recommend it to anyone who is able to make it there. Support local businesses and have the reefs to yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom