Trip Report Diving at Sogod Bay, Philippines with Sogod Bay Scuba Resort - August 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@ laval Just read your great trip report. Thanks
I see you had two kids with you. While you were diving did the boat crew keep an eye on them? Did the kids go out with you for all the dives?

The kids are not ours, but of our friends. Their mom hired a snorkeler guide for them, and they went with us for all dives. Those kids were 'born in a swimming pool', and they are very comfortable in water. Also, I should mention that most of our 10-day stay, most of time we were the only at the resort.

The kids are not ours, but of our friends. Their mom hired a snorkeler guide for them, and they went with us for all dives. Those kids were 'born in a swimming pool', and they are very comfortable in water. Also, I should mention that most of our 10-day stay, most of time we were the only at the resort.
Hired a snorkeler guide...brilliant idea! Will definitely remember that for the future. It certainly helps when the place is empty... they are much more likely to accommodate things like this.

Thank you for the excellent trip report, didn't know about this part of the country

Highly recommended!
It is never too late, just a bit time consuming to get there but well worth it.
Really suitable for those who prefer simple and devoid of development for mass tourism .

When are the Phillipines re-opening?

My friends been there I have not. They wrote
"We dived there a few times. Always at southern Leyte divers. The owner is called Gunter. Our guide was Stano."

I saw three different whale sharks in 5 days Bohol in November 2019. They are around but luck is what you need. There is a fast ferry from close to Mactan Airport in Cebu to Leyte and take around 30 mins from the ferry to the dive centers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom