Diving at Magic Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudiHuntrs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi O'hana,

Just curious if anyone has been diving at Magic Island recently. I've read mixed reviews on shorediving.com, and was interested in local opinion of this dive site for nudibranch/macro enthusiasts.

I understand it was a great place for nudi hunting in the '70s-- anyone seen any rare or uncommon nudis/ macro stuff there recently (past few years)?

No matter what rare find you could make there, choosing to dive there means starting and ending in some of the foulest water you can dive in the Hawaiian Islands.

I've had really good dives there, but I never wanted to dive there! I'm sure there are better places to find just about anything.

I guess that would confirm a dive-only-at-last-resort type of site. Thanks for your input. Perhaps I'll just continue to dive Kewalo Pipe instead:)

Yeah, there can be lots of nudi's around there, but the water can be pretty bad at least until you get out away from the harbor. FWIW, I think I've seen more nudi's at point panic/pipe anyway.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom