Diving at Beaches Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which Sandals have you dove with?

I asked someone that was taught scuba both in Jamaica and at Beaches Turks & Caicos several years ago to can compare the two dive areas. Below was her response. She follows these boards and may bring in new insight to the dated response below.

Beaches is great for a family/dive vacation. We offer two situations for certified divers daily. There is an 8am 2-tank dive that returns at about 1pm. The boat rides are (45) min each way. We also offer a 9:30am 1-tank dive that returns by 12 noon, and this boat ride time is about (10) mins. All these dives are wall dives. All dives are lead by instrusctors. Our profiles for Advanced divers are (80) ft for (30) mins, and (60) ft for (30) mins for Open Water divers. If two persons have computers each, they can buddy dive and not have to follow an instructor with a group. Their profiles would have to remain conservative also. We do not dive resort divers with certified divers. Only in rare cases will they happen to be on the same boat, and then they are with a different instructor.
Fish are way bigger and more plentiful than JA. Coral reef condition is not as good as some areas in Runaway Bay for example. Much more likely to see reef and nurse sharks.

I lived in Jamaica year's ago running the watersports at what is now a Sandals Resort, and have dove most tourist dive area in Jamaica. Someone, such as the person that wrote the Turks & Caicos response above may be able to provide more detail.

Wow!!!!!! You have had some Great jobs. I loved the Couples Negril resort. The watersports department is a great group.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom