Diving around the west midlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem matey.let me know later in the year how you get on and you will get a buddy off that buddyline or i will fix you up with one,hows that .

Was there today 3 dives 17c w/temp and a nice sunny day.

Hi

Stoney is my regular dive site, I only started diving in February and it has been a great place to learn.
I dont know what the water temp is where you dive and what type of suit you wear but as has been said previously, the water temp will be very cold in December (Feb was 7 degrees C). Most divers wear drysuits all year round with the others in semi drys so if you dive in anything less you may want to try and get hold of a thicker suit to try out before you come.

ive being diving a bare alpine 7mm over here so far the coldest iv'e been was 53of bottom temp at 60 feet. wasnt bad at all but im going to be diving around here into decemeber untill it gets really cold. The surface temp around then is about -15oc. Around jan it can even get to -30oc. but theres no way im diving past decemeber here.

Back
Top Bottom